Local businesses make our communities a better place to live. Their earnings stay within the community and the wages they pay their employees provide the support needed for the local economy to thrive. But, in these uncertain times, local businesses are struggling and they need our support now more than ever. While we continue social distancing efforts, we must also come together in other ways to help our local businesses.
Wayne Bank suggests the following ways to show support for the businesses within your community.
- Purchase gift cards. One way that you can instantly help a business is by purchasing a gift card. Many businesses sell gift cards on their websites, making it easy to give your favorite local stores and restaurants an immediate boost. Gift cards are also perfect for upcoming special occasions and it’s never too early to get some holiday shopping done.
- Order takeout and delivery. Most local restaurants are offering takeout and delivery options, including online ordering. Everyone has to eat, so why not treat yourself to dinner from your favorite local restaurant? This will help not only the restaurant, but will also provide income for delivery drivers. Have meals delivered to your family and friends for a special occasion or just to show you care.
- Shop local businesses online. Many local businesses have online stores in addition to their storefront locations. Visit their websites and you might even find that they are offering delivery discounts or curbside pickup options. Remember that as long as you are buying from your local community, you’re helping to keep local businesses open and local jobs intact.
- Share on social media. If you don’t have the funds to show support financially, there are still plenty of ways to help. Share your favorite local businesses on social media and invite others to like and follow their pages. This can help remind your friends of a business they may have forgotten about or never shopped at. Your share is a vote of confidence for that business and will encourage others to patronize them as well.
- Leave positive reviews. Another great way to show support for your favorite local businesses, is to give them a good review online. Shoppers frequently use online reviews to help them make purchasing decisions and there is no stronger marketing tool than word-of-mouth advertising. By leaving a positive review, you are encouraging others to become customers of your favorite local businesses.
Wayne Bank is a subsidiary of Norwood Financial Corp., Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender, and is located in Honesdale, Pennsylvania. The Bank has 27 Community Offices serving Wayne, Pike, Monroe, Lackawanna, and Luzerne Counties in Pennsylvania, along with Delaware and Sullivan Counties in New York State. The stock trades on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol— NWFL.
Click below for a PDF version of this news release.
Click the photo icon for a larger image of the photo above.